Terms & Conditions
We are excited to announce the Visteon Hackathon – a software development event. The Visteon Hackathon is a community event where you will have the opportunity to work closely with other members of the software development community Using automotive hardware and open source software you will have to provide solution for detecting roadway obstacles and enhancing driving safety.
Phase 1 of the Visteon Hackathon will start on 19 of February, 2018 and all submissions must be received by 15 of March, 2018. There’s no cost to join the Visteon Hackathon, but there is a reward. The top ten Visteon Hackathon submissions, as determined by, the Visteon Hackathon judges will be invited to Visteon to participate in Phase 2 of the Visteon Hackathon – a two day special event to work with Visteon engineers to further develop their submissions. At the conclusion of day two, the Visteon Hackathon judges will select the top three winners for the Visteon Hackathon with the winners receiving the following rewards:
1st Place – – Tickets + hotel + admission for Bologna Motor Show (for 3 pers max)
2nd Place – 500 Euro
3rd Place – 300 Euro
All selected for Phase 2 Visteon Hackathon participants will receive at place a Hardware Development Kit for use during the Visteon Hackathon that you may keep following the conclusion of the Visteon Hackathon as a gift for your participation and submission.
Registration and entry is governed by the Visteon Hackathon Official Rules. Please read the Visteon Hackathon Official Rules below.
BY REGISTERING TO ENTER THE VISTEON HACKATHON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES.
After you have registered, you will receive by email full details on how to participate in the Visteon Hackathon. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the Visteon Hackathon.
VISTEON HACKATHON OFFICIAL RULES
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE HACKATHON.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- General Conditions. The Visteon Hackathon is a virtual, open source software development event organized by Visteon Electronics Bulgaria EOOD (“Visteon”). By entering the Visteon Hackathon, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and by the decisions of Visteon, which shall be made in all cases in its sole and absolute discretion and are final and binding on all matters relating to the Hackathon.The Hackathon is governed by applicable laws designated in Section 15 below. The Hackathon is void where prohibited by law. The Hackathon is also governed by the Rules.
- Eligibility of Entrants. The Visteon Hackathon is open to any person who are at least 18 years old, or the age of the majority in the jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, who is not a citizen of, or located within, a nation that is subject to U.S. or European Union trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including, without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria and North Korea), and who is not identified on any U.S. or European Union government restricted party lists (including, without limitation, the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Other Blocked Persons, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Party List, Entity List and Unverified List and the U.S. Department of State’s proliferation-related lists). Employees of Visteon are also eligible to enter the Visteon Hackathon but participation is completely on a voluntary basis, not part of the employees expected duties for Visteon, and participation shall not occur during employees regular work schedule for Visteon or use Visteon resources. Except for the Visteon Hackathon offered rewards, no participant in the Visteon Hackathon, including Visteon employees who register to participate, will receive any compensation, in any form, from Visteon or its affiliated companies. A team registration is allowed with maximum 3 members per team. Each team member should comply to the criteria applicable for individual participation.
- Entry. Entries for the Hackathon must be received by Visteon by 15 on March, 2018 (the “Deadline”). More than one entry per participant is permitted, but the reward total is capped to one (1) reward per participant regardless of the number of entries submitted. To enter the Hackathon, entrants must submit their entry electronically to the Visteon Hackathon site and in compliance with the following restrictions.
- Entry must be entirely the original work of the entrant;
• Entry must not contain any advertisement or solicitation;
• Entry must not contain anything that is or may be: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; or (v) protected by patent, copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right;
• Entry must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; and
• Entry must otherwise comply in all respects with these Rules.
Visteon will have no responsibility for, and will have the right to refuse in its sole and absolute discretion, any entries that have been tampered with, or entries that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible, whether due to Internet or e-mail server failure or otherwise. Proof of transmission of an entry shall not constitute proof of receipt. It is each entrant’s responsibility to keep Visteon informed of any changes to entrant’s contact or other information during the Visteon Hackathon.
- Acceptance & Eligibility of Entries. Entries will be accepted for the competition in Visteon’s sole and absolute discretion received by the Deadline. Eligible entries must meet the following criteria: listed in order of decreasing importance:
- The entry is within the scope of the Hackathon
- The entry represents a solution with no current alternative (uniqueness) or propose a significantly better solution (creativity) than the existing ones
- The entry can be developed with stable core features within the time and regarding the equipment available during the event
- The entry is testable with the available HW
Visteon reserves the rights not to accept or reject any entry if it finds any bugs, usage limitations or malfunction in any entry submitted. The Visteon Hackathon has the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules or is unlawful or inappropriate in any manner in the Visteon’s sole and absolute discretion. Participants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Visteon Hackathon judges which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Warrant. By submitting a Visteon Hackathon entry or accepting any reward, participants represent and warrant the following: 1) participant will not submit any entry or content that is copyrighted, protected by a patent or a trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the participant is the owner of such rights or has permission from the rightful owner to post the content and to grant the Visteon Hackathon all of the rights granted herein; 2) the participant will not publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage the Visteon Hackathon, Visteon, or any third party; 3) the participant will not submit any entry or content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages criminal activity, gives rise to civil or criminal liability, or is otherwise inappropriate or destructive to the Visteon Hackathon’s or Visteons’ brand image or goodwill; 4) the participant will not post advertisements or solicitations of business; 5) the Visteon Hackathon or Visteon will not be obligated to pay any compensation to, or permit any participation by, any third party in connection with the creation, use, reproduction, modification, publication, display, or other exploitation of any entry or content that the participant submits; 6) the entry or content the participant submits does not contain any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, or other disabling devices or harmful code; and (7) the entry or its content does not infringe upon any patent, copyright, trademark or upon any other third-party rights.
6.Final evaluation and Reward Terms.
Every solution will be evaluated against the following criteria, listed in order of decreasing importance::
Accuracy – successful detection of potentially dangerous situations when all conditions are present
Relevance – the detected warnings are signaled to the driver in order of decreasing importance
Complexity – complexity of the data provided on the device’s outputs (ex.: classified object with identified behavior)
Robustness – accuracy maintained even when data is partially complete
Representation – ease of understanding and use of the information, provided by the SW
Speed of detection – speed of detection of potentially dangerous situations when all conditions are present
Rewards are non-transferable by the winner. The winners will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any reward.
- Authorization. The winners may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and/or publicity and/or liability release form, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of the reward. The winners must take possession of the reward as directed by Visteon. The winners may be required to provide Visteon with his or her identification information for tax purposes. The winners also may be required to provide Visteon with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with an e-mail address. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Failure to respond to the winner announcement or return any required declarations or releases within seven (7) days (or any longer time specified by Visteon) or to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification.
- Representations. By entering the Visteon Hackathon, each entrant represents that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Visteon Hackathon; (b) in entering and participating in the Visteon Hackathon, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable Policies, statutes, regulations, and other laws; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
- Intellectual Property Rights. By submitting an entry to the Visteon Hackathon, the participant agrees to waive and disclaim all ownership rights to code or any inventions submitted as an entry or part of an entry and agrees to freely dedicate and disclose the code or any invention to the public domain and open source community. To the extent it is found that the participant cannot waive or disclaim the intellectual property rights in any code, copyright or invention submitted as an entry or a party or an entry, participant hereby grants the Visteon Hackathon, Visteon, and their respective affiliates, their affiliates’ agents, and third-party contractors a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with the right to sublicense, discuss, publicize, market, create derivative works, and otherwise display, publish, use, sell, promote, distribute, and/or disclose content derived from or relating to the Visteon Hackathon entry.
- Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Visteon Hackathon, each entrant releases and holds harmless Visteon and other entities involved in the administration of the Visteon Hackathon, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Visteon Parties”) from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) the Visteon Hackathon; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, the Policies, or applicable laws; (c) any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property misappropriation or infringement attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any reward or any item purchased with any reward; (d) any entry that has been tampered with or that is misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (e) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (f) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (g) printing or typographical errors in any Visteon Hackathon related materials; or (h) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Visteon Hackathon (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Visteon Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE VISTEON PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE VISTEON HACKATHON, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
- Misconduct: Visteon reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers with the registration process, the operation of the Visteon Hackathon website, the Visteon website, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these Rules, the Policies, or any applicable laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these Rules. VISTEON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Termination. Visteon reserves the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Visteon Hackathon at any time for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, technical, administrative, financial, or other difficulties. In such cases, Visteon will post a notice on the Visteon Hackathon website within a reasonable time Visteon elects to suspend, modify, or terminate the Visteon Hackathon.
- Advertising. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Visteon Hackathon, each entrant consents to the use by Visteon, or any third party chosen by Visteon, of any and all software, code, information, drawings, text, or other material contained in an entry or otherwise provided by such entrant related to the Visteon Hackathon, including any personal information obtained through the Visteon Hackathon, for advertising, marketing or any other purposes not prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by accepting the reward, the winner consents to the print and online publication of his or her name, address, and winning entry as part of a winners’ list and to the use of his or her winning entry, name, voice, photograph, biographical material, and likeness by Visteon or any third party chosen by Visteon, for advertising, marketing, and other purposes without additional compensation. Other than as set forth herein, Visteon will treat any personal information supplied by entrants in connection with the Visteon Hackathon in accordance with Visteon’s Privacy Statement that can be consulted through the following link: http://www.visteon.com/utils/terms.html#privacy
- Amendment. Visteon in its sole discretion, at any time, and without notice may change, modify, and/or amendment the Rules, the Technical Problem or any policies, regulations, guidelines, code of conduct, or other information concerning or related to the Visteon Hackathon. Any changes to the Rules or other information related to the Visteon Hackathon concerning the participants will be posted to the Visteon Hackathon in a reasonable time following the change, modification or amendment.
- Miscellaneous. If entrant resides in a jurisdiction that excludes application of the laws of the State of Michigan, United States, to disputes related to these Rules, the Visteon Hackathon or Visteon, the laws of such entrant’s jurisdiction will apply to disputes related to these Rules, the Visteon Hackathon or Visteon. Similarly, if the laws in entrant’s country provide for jurisdiction of the courts in such entrant’s country of residence, then entrant’s local jurisdiction and venue may apply to such disputes related to these Rules, the Visteon Hackathon or Visteon. Otherwise, entrant will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Visteon Hackathon, or Visteon must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Wayne County, Michigan, United States; each entrant agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims, and the laws of the State of Michigan will govern these official rules, as well as any claim that might arise between entrant and Visteon, without regard to conflict of law provisions; any such dispute must be brought individually, without resort to any form of class action. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Visteon, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Visteon Hackathon related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Visteon of any third party, product, or service.
- Winners’ List; Mailing List. The winners’ names may be obtained after the winners are selected by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All such requests must be received by March 30, 2018. By registering for the Visteon Hackathon, participant opts in to join Visteon’s electronic mailing list and agrees to be contacted by email by Visteon. Requests for removal from Visteon’s mailing list may be made as instructed in any email received.